Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Thursday, April 11, 2013


Letter #4

Dear Family,

It´s another P-day already!! The time here is flying by so fast! Has time felt fast over there?
My week was pretty great. I did a lot of language and scripture study.  Confrence was great! I took a lot of notes on each of the talks.
I hope everything is going well at home! Thank you so much for keeping me updated on everything you guys are doing.

Last P-day I went to the Real, Madrid Stadium! It was really cool. We were able to take a tour through the whole thing, including the locker rooms and the field.  I definitely have a better appreciation for soccer the next time I watch a game.  I took some great pictures so don’t worry about that.

I went proselyting again in Goya, which is the city.  Once again not very much success.  The city is so much harder than the park.  People know who we are on the streets and they know that we want to talk religion.  Most of the people here are either atheist or catholic.  I was temporary companions with Elder Eskleson.  We had a good time just walking the streets and saying "hi" to everyone we came across.

Conference was awesome, I will give you the highlights of what I picked up in each talk.

Packer: Times are getting worse
Davies:Build on a firm foundation
Dalton: Be an example
Carden: God forgives
Ballard: Priesthood Power/ We have unlimited potential
Eyring: Serve the Lord and in result we will get blessings
Hales: Be a faithful priesthood hold, Armor of God
Callister: Priesthood/ The right to have revalation
Beck: Ministry: Act as if you were Jesus Christ would
Uchtdorf: Priesthood titles

There are more notes but I don’t have much time left… I went into conference wanting to know the pure love Christ.  My prayer was answered. As I was listening to conference I looked out of the window and saw people walking on the street.  My heart literally ached because they were missing out on what the prophet of God was saying to all the people on this earth. I truly wanted them to come into our classroom and listen.  We watched conference on a recording since there is a time difference.  We were able to watch Sunday sessions live at 6 pm Spain time.  I imagined what you guys were doing at home.  My guess is that you were all having a delicious breakfast together and enjoying each other's company. 

Keep me updated on everything!
Josh: I want to know how debate, work, your bass and your driving is going.
Jenna: let me know what you are up to and write me what you did every week
Jonny: let me know about the news on the lizard. That story you shared with me was hilarious about the lizards!
Mom and Dad: let me know how work and the family is going.  What shows are you watching? Just your average day to day stories and fun.

I love you all and I want you to know that the church is true and time is flying by in the MTC.  I am leaving the MTC April 30th and then I am going to be put in the field.

Love you,
Elder Jayden Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment