Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, May 20, 2013

Letter # 9


Hello Family!
It sounds like everyone had a good exciting week! From the unfortunate scout camp that Dad and Jonny went on...to Jenna getting her new teefys. 

That campout sounded miserable! Haha, but Jonny you will probably remember that campout as one of the most fun campouts during scouting. You will definitely not forget it. I can´t believe that little Jonny boy is already passing the Santa Cena! (Sacrament) That is so cool!

Jenna I am so excited for you and your new teeth!  That has got to be awesome! I can´t wait to see pictures of you:) I was touched that you have the picture of us at the Airport when I left as you phone wallpaper :) 

Sounds like Josh is living the work hard, play hard life of high school.  I have to say that I am not jealous of you working. :P Good times on the weekends there...   Josh, you eating at IHOP sounds soooooo good right now. They do not have maple syrup here and if you find it, it's probably like 10€... Kinda sucks.

Good work dad on fixing the sprinklers. I don´t know how you know how to do everything. Sounds like a lot of work! Thanks for the encouraging words in your last email. I am working hard to take advantage of the time out here. Time sure is flying by. I worked hard this week on using all the Spanish that I know.  I shared my testimony during a couple of lessons this week in Spanish and it was awesome!   Not quite the gift of tounges but I felt the spirit.

Mom, I hope the root canal went well. I assume it did because you sang in a few concerts this week. I am sad that I missed that concert. I am sure that you sounded as amazing as ever though. Thanks for sending me a couple pictures of my missionary plaque. Looks pretty fancy. I haven´t got your package yet... I am guessing that I won't get it until the end of the week though. I think it usually takes longer.  Thank you so much though!!! I am so excited!

My intercambio went really well Tuesday. Ferrol is basically the same as A Coruña but is a little more quiet with less people. I really liked it there.  I spoke Spanish the whole time with Elder Alvorez. That was some awesome practice. We taught two lessons and had a big dinner with a member family. The members thought I was shy because I had good table manners:) We had meat and they kept telling me to just eat it with my hands because I was taking too long to cut it all up with a knife.  So I ate it with my hands. It was good food with rice, meat, bread and fanta. My favorite part of the intercambio was going up to a town called Cedeira.  It was about 30 minutes out of town.  It was one of the coolest, most beautiful places that I have ever seen.  Of course I did not have my camera with me but I don´t think it would have done it justice anyway.  There were grass fields, forrests of eucalyptus trees, rolling hills, and an amazing coastline.  We visited a family there that lives in a classic Spaniard house. It had red shingles on the roof.  Cedeira was how I pictured Spain before I came out and am so glad that I had the opportunity to go up there. Galicia is beautiful.

The work this week was hard and a little discouraging. Elder Bird and I make awesome plans to visit a lot of investigators but half of our lessons fall through. Don´t worry though, my spirits are still high and I know that I am out here for a reason and there are people here that I need to teach.

One thing that I would love is a letter with pictures of the house.  Just like the average day at home of all the rooms to help me to remember.  Just like the family watching TV or eating at the dinner table in the kitchen. Candid photos of life at home. I would love that!

Also I sent a letter today addressed mainly to Josh but feel free to read to all the family. I think it would good for all of you!

Thank you so much for all of your emails!! They mean the world to me :) All is well over here in Spain. I am working hard and having good times.

Love,
Elder Jayden Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment