Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, June 10, 2013

Letter #12


jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

First off, thank you mom for the package full of candy and pictures! I love the pictures that you sent me with Jenna and her amazing new smile, Josh and his sword, and Jonny and Wizzy Jr. Jenna your new teeth look so awesome! You are even more beautiful than before! It sounds like everyone had a good week! Dad thank you for being such an awesome Dad. I have only followed in your footsteps to become the man that I am. You have been the perfect example for me. Thank you Mom for the Scriptures that you send me to look up. I read Mormon 9 this morning for personal study and I loved it. I love the fact that God is a God of milagros and that he will never change and that through our faith in Jesus Christ we can witness these miracles for ourselves. 
Miles Family Together Forever!
Josh, I am excited for you to leave Alta! I am not surprised to hear that you are not going to miss it even just a little. Jenna I am excited for you that you get to go to High School now and make brand new friends and go to school with Josh. Jonny I am excited for your 50 miler coming up soon! That is going to be sick. I am jealous of the weather you guys are having at home. I am going to miss the warm summer nights of just relaxing outside together as a family. The word around here is that it is going to rain a lot here. so I will be packing my umbrella and wearing my new sweater that I bought for a store called Zara. 

I forgot to tell you all about last p-day. We went down to Santiago again and played fútbol with our zone. It was way fun! We all played in an indoor court that we had connections to because a member worked there. Four Spaniard kids came and played against us. We split up into teams of four and played in brackets. I did pretty well considering the fact that I scored on one of the Spaniards! AyyyOOoo!

This week went really well. We taught a good amount of lessons in which I could feel the spirit very strongly. It´s amazing how many times that I get to feel the spirit out here. Everytime I bare testimony I feel like I am bearing testimony with the Lord´s hand on my shoulder backing me up with everything that I say. 

This week is the first week of a new transfer! I have been in the field for 1 whole translado already! Nothing happened to our district which I am happy about because I really like my distrito. The zone has had some changes but I am not quite sure what they are. This transfer I am really going to work hard on contacting in the streets. I am starting to feel more comfortable with Spanish and with talking to people. I have made a couple of phone calls in Spanish, which are near impossible to understand, so I will work on that as well. I did have a lesson where one of the people we taught told me that I understood Spanish well, so that was a good confidence booster. 

I am feeling pretty comfortable now that I am on a mission, away from home and in a different country.  I like A Coruña. There are lot of people that live in this small amount of land. The other day Elder Bird and I walked to another side of the city that we realized connected to somewhere else that we were familiar with. The city is smaller than I thought but there is still a ton of work that we have to do here.

I read a chapter in "Our Search for Happiness" this week. (By- M. Russell Ballard) That is really a great book! You should add it to your summer reading list. I read chapter 6 this week and it just made my eternal perspective grow so much more clear. Life if such a small part of our eternal existence. I am so greatful for the knowlege that we have that we are going to return to our Heavenly Father after this life. This life is Eternally important but it is so short. It is so important NOW that we develop the desire to follow Christ and obey His commandments. I can´t explain how I felt while I was reading that chapter, but I knew that there is so much more in store for us after this life!

Thank you all so much for your emails! I feel so connected to home while I read them. Keep them coming every week.

I am working hard with faith. I can feel the language coming steadily and I am excited to improve more and more. Estoy mejorando cada día, poco a poco.

I love you all so much I and I hope that you have an amazing week!

Love Elder Jayden Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment