Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Letter #15

Hello Family,

I don´t have much time to respond to all of you like Ï usually do Mom, Dad, Josh, Jenna & Jonny... It sounds like you had an awesome week, apart from Dad :( I hope you are healing fast Dad.) Thank you so much for your love & support!

Me enjoying the view
This week was pretty good. We had great lessons with all of our investigators. Summer is here now and it is a little more difficult to get people to meet with us because of vacations and what not. The work is still going on though. The weather is pretty mild for summer which I love. I am so glad that it is not that 100+ that is in Utah haha. It's a nice 19-23 degrees Celcias. 
Me & my Comp. Elder Bird

Elder Bird and I are doing great & our investigators are doing fine as well. We had a good lesson with Pablo & Estefaní this week. Pablo had great questions that we were able to answer. I think that they are progressing really well. They aren't married yet but I think we can help encourage that :) 

This week we had a pure Spanish meal for lunch at a member's house. We started off with an authentic Spanish tortia and after that they brought out a huge pig leg! It was delicious. Almost too much meat though, I was llenisimo!  

We kind of had a roller coaster with one of our investigators. We encouraged a baptismal date with one of our investigators so that she could be baptized as soon as possible.   We prayed about it and everything but I don´t know if we jumped the gun or not. She is definitly ready and she has had baptismal dates before but her mom does not support her with the desicion to get baptized. She will get baptized eventually but it is just a matter of time. I wished her mom knew of the many great blessings in store for her daughter when she gets baptized.

P-day was awesome today! We got to go to Cedeira again :) The coast of Northern Spain is absolutely beautiful!  Clear blue waters and private little cove beaches. Today we went on a little hike to an old castle.  We saw some mountain goats, and played beach fútbol. It was a great pday and I definitely needed it because last week we couldn't do anything because all the stores were closed due to the festival. 
I got to watch the missionary conference this week. It was great and it made me excited for the times that are coming. I luckily got to listen to it in english so I could understand everything. My mission president is considering implimenting facebook and blogs and mormon.org in the mission in the next year or so! Super excited to witness more great changes in my mission. First the age change, now this. 

Goats on the Coast
This past sunday I recognized a little miracle. It was Sunday evening and Elder Bird and I did not know what to do after making our calls. It was about 5 pm and we had a while until we could go watch the conference. Ön Sunday evenings there is nobody on the streets, which makes it super hard to contact people. If we don´t have lessons it's really hard to stay busy. I was wondering what we should do in my head and I got the thought to just wait and go with the flow.  Soon we decided to go ahead & try to make contacts on the street. After a little bit a man stopped us on the streets and adressed us as "The Brothers of Christ!" We answered him and talked to him for a litle bit. He said that he has talked to missionaries before and that he wanted to meet with us so that he could learn again. We got his reference and hopefully we will be able to meet with him this week. If we wouldn't have acted or if I didn´t follow the prompting that I had, I don´t know if we would have met that guy or not. I didn´t recognize it at the time but I take that as a little miracle.  Listen to the spirit and never be afraid to act on it. Nothing but good can come from acting on the whispers of the spirit.

I can´t believe that it has already been another week. Time is flying out here. Sometimes I feel like I am never going to be able to return back to my comfortable life but at other times I feel like I am not going to have enough time out here. I love this Gosple and I am so grateful that I have the knowlege of the Restoration and the Gosple of Jesus Christ. Take heed to the words of the Prophet and his Apostles because they truly are men called of God to guide and watch over the Church.

I hope you all have a great week and I can´t wait to hear from you again this next week :) 

Lots of Love, Elder JJ


Beautiful Coastline







No comments:

Post a Comment