Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Letter #17

St. Sebastian Castle, Vigo, Spain (1600's)
I am in Vigo right now for a Zone Conference. The President and the APs are here along the whole rest of the Zone. We had a picnic in a castle on a hill and we played some fútbol as always. It has been kind of hectic but fun nonetheless.
My week was awesome! Our numbers of lessons and contacts didn´t really show it but we have had some success with progressing investigators. We have a babtism all set up with a program and everything for a woman named Kenia. She is married to a very recent member, really nice. I am so stoked to see a babtism that I got to help a little bit with. She could have been babtized a while ago but she just wanted to wait until her birthday. Next out inverstigators Pablo and Estefraní came to church yesterday!! I was super excited to see them there. Pablo has had a hard time believing if there is a God. He follows through with all the commitments that we ask of him and he continues to meet with us. So, how can he not believe? I was fasting really hard for him this week. 

My Spanish has improved a lot this week. It is coming slowly but surely. Even Pablo told me that my Spanish has improved while I was at their house! I was really glad to hear that. As I look back on these 4 months I have learned so much!! Gospel Wise and Spanish Wise! :) It is really exciting. 

Transfer calls are this next Saturday. The four of us Elders in A Coruña are trying to predict what will happen. I am pretty sure that Elder Bird is leaving and that I am going to get a new companion. It really is all up in the air right now. I am excited to see what happens. It is weird to me that living my mission life seems like it will be forever.  But, then at the same time it feels SO temporary. There are so many changes and it is not good to get too comfortable. The time has really been flying by!

Thanks everyone that has sent me an email. I really love you all :)
I am doing great physically, mentally and spiritually so it's all good.

Love Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment