Monday:
Pday was alright. We had a lot of things that we had to do, such as clean the piso. Wood floors are the worst! They get so dusty and they are impossible to keep clean. At least with carpets it appears clean. The Hermanas gave us a recipe so we could make some cookies. We have an investigator who I will explain in more depth in a minute, but he was insistant on giving us wine, It was a nice jesture but he just didn´t understand that we can´t drink alcohol. Instead he gave us some apple cider... 4.1% alcohol. He gave it to us so we could take it home. We were all excited for a nice cold glass of liquid gold until I found out that there was alcohol in it. Elder Williams just poured it down the drain. We felt bad that we couldn't drink his gift so we were going to make him cookies to say thanks. Yeah.. those cookies did not turn out. We don´t know what went wrong with those. They just were terrible. We couldnt insult him like that.
Tuesday: So this investigators name is Juan Carlos, just like every other person that live here. Excuse me for the comparison, but he reminds me a little bit like Lenny in the book "Of Mice and Men". He has the best of intentions and he has a big heart but he is just a hard guy to listen to. He absolutly adores the United States. He is from Cuba and he hates that country. We can´t have a conversation without his mentioning how bless the United States is. The problem we have with this guy is that he won´t let us get a word in edgewise. He will just ramble on and on and on and on..... It is so frustrating and it is next to impossible to leave the guys house! We tried to have english classes with him but he ended up telling us his grave sin or cursing a man with black african vudoo! He told us that 2 weeks later that man died of cancer! We have some work to do with him..
Those two days were the only ones that were really making note of. We have been crazy busy, literally running to get to buses and make it to lessons. I always wonder what it looks like to the people on the streets when they see 3 American boys sprinting through the streets with white shirts and ties on. I guarantee that they think that those Testigos are crazy ;)
I got a reference from some other elders for a man named Sheriff John Brown! Awesome name. I called him up the other day and he was so glad to here that I was a missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He told me that Jesus was his holy coffee and his holy sugar! I can´t wait to meet with this guy this Saturday. He also told me that he has been shot 3 times and his family was killed and that he believes that Jesus is why he is still alive. He has got some real potential.
This past week has flown by! It was so much faster than the last. I had a lot more animo and was not so concentrated in if I was working hard enough. My stress level has gone way down and I have been working harder.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers :) Your support for me in this work means the most! I know that I am on the Lord's errand and that I am called to serve. I know this church is true and that this is the way to eternal happiness!!
I love you so much and I hope that you have an awesome week :)
Elder Miles
PS. Thanks so much mom for the advice and comfort you have given me! It has helped me a ton. I am so glad that you served a mission!
No comments:
Post a Comment