![]() |
| Elder Miles A Coruna coast |
This past week was so full of things that I will not be able to talk about it all. First off, Elder Barragán and I are doing great. I have learned so much Spanish in the past week that it is crazy. I have that constant practice now and I am feeling a lot more comfortable with calling, contacting and teaching. We are making a good team so far. We have been teaching pretty well in unidad.
This week we took a hike out to the outskirts of A Coruña to go visit a less active member that hasn´t been back to church in a long time. He is a dog walker and he lives with hardly anything. No water access, no electricity and his house appears to be abandonded. We really want to help this guy and get him to come back to church. We really had no idea how to get to his house. All we had were some 3 step directions that he gave us and a map that didn´t have names of the streets of where he was living. A long the way we had to ask some people where this place was and they responded in Gallego which was not too much of help but we managed. We ended up finding this guy walking literally out of the forrest with all five of his dogs. Dogs that ranged from horse size down to a little pup. He asked how we found him because we had already passed his house at that point. We had a lesson at this place and I hope that he allows us to return so that we can help him.
![]() |
| My new companion, Elder Barrigan |
Elder Barragán and I have been doing a lot of street contacting. We haven´t had much luck with recieving correct numbers which has kind of felt like a waste of time but we continue onward.
Remeber the Cubano Juan Carlos..? He has a baptismal date and he wants me to babtize him! He is a very hard one to teach because he likes to talk wayyy too much. He has been effected in the head by the fact that he was in the army when he was 17 and he saw some pretty crazy stuff. He tells us that he has a testimony and that he feels the spirit but it is really hard to know or not if he is really understanding the lessons that we are teaching. I just pray that he can change. It is always super hard to get out of his house under an hour and a half because he will just talk and talk and talk and never allows an opportunity to leave. We have to tell him multiple times that we have to leave and have our backpacks on and pretty much have to be standing up to get out of there. It is really a patience tester. His date is the 31st, in which he has to quit smoking as well :) I will keep you informed about good 'ol Juan Carlos.
Those are pretty much the highlights from this week. Other crazy stuff happened but I don´t have time enough to explain it all..
Thank you for your emails and all the prayers for me. I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!!
Love Elder Miles


No comments:
Post a Comment