Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, September 23, 2013

Letter #27



Thanks so much for your emails this week. I am glad that you got my letter that I sent. I am wearing one of those old Spaniard ties today. It is tan and has a little lion and a lamb laying together at the very bottom.  I could not resist to take that one! I am glad to hear that everyone had a good week! 

Madrid is a lot defferent than the north. Both in missionary work and getting around. My area is Barrio 8 Vallecas which is about a 30 minute bus ride to the church and the Temple. I am able to go to the Temple October 2nd! I am really excited for that. Every transfer I will be able to go to the temple which is great.

In my new area we do all of our contacting down one big street called Avenida de Albufera. It is a big long street and it has access to the Metro all the way down.  In Vallecas this street is where most of the stores and everything else is.  Needless to say we spend a lot of time on that street. In the north we were able to go contact in different parts of the city but here it is basically just one street. We have tried contacting in other places but there are no people off of Avenida de Albufera.  We use the busses and metro and RENFE a lot which is the train. I like getting around on the Metro. Having had some experience on the London Tube and the NYC Subway has definitely come in handy :) 

I had a pretty good week. We had a lot more lessons and we spent a little less time on the street. I don´t even know what we did that first week of the transfer because we had no lessons. Things are picking up now though and Í am excited! One of our new investigators, Miguel, has not been answering his phone for the past couple of day. He didn´t show up at the last lesson that we scheduled with him and now I think he is kind of dodging us. It is super frustrating because he was so prepared and he was very receptive. I am just hoping that he lost his phone or something rather than not wanting to meet with us. We will get him. That is something that we always say before we go to a lesson. We are going to get you so good Miguel. :) haha.

Every Monday we have a Noche de Hogar ( Family Home Evening) at the church.   We invite investigators and other members. This week we had a really stong lesson on the Atonement and it was very spiritual. I was a main part of this lesson. We gave everyone a challenge to through a ball an impossible distance.  If they didn´t make it then I had to take a bite of an onion. Nobody could make this distance.  After each person tried I would take a bite of the nasty onion. After a while everyone had gone through but I still had to keep eating for the people that were not there that night that would have tried and for the people in the past. I repesented the Savior and the onion represented the sins of the world. At first I was taking some pretty good size bites, just like eating an apple.  After a while it got so pungent!! The Elder teaching continued the lesson about the Atonement while everyone watched me eat this onion. It was super hard and it burned but I ate the entire thing just like Christ finished the Atonement even though it was painful. My whole mouth and nasals burned the rest of the night and my breath reaked of onion the nest day... haha. It was a tough one but it was worth it for the lesson! 

The rest of the week went pretty well. We met some new investigators and recieved some good references from the street. Pretty good week.
Today we plan on going down to Sol to go check out this store called FĂștbolmania because they are supposed to have some cheap jersey's from last year.  So, if I find one I will probably get a jersey for a souvenir.  The elder's and I purchased a nice grilled cheese maker this morning which we have been trying to get for the past 3 weeks. We are all pretty excited for it this week.

Other than that not much has happened. The work is going well and I am happy. Thanks for all of the support and the emails! I am excited to hear all about next week and what is going on. 

Lots of love,

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment