Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Letter #37


I have yet made another week without any of my own money :)  It sure has been inconvinient. I have been eating rice, pasta, and cereal. I do not like relying on using my comps money. We even had to borrow money from a ward member to go to church on the metro which was very kind of them. All the metro traveling has killed us.  We are doing fine though and we have not gone without because the Lord is looking over us. 

There are a couple of families that are a great help in the work. They give us people to teach and they let us use their houses. There are not as many people in the street here as there were in Vallecas so it makes contacting really hard. Our ward building is in Madrid so we have to travel there and back for district meetings, english classes, Noche de Hogar, and for church. It has been kind of a pain to have to travel out there especially without a metro pass. Elder Cordova ran out of money supporting us both to get there and back. We had to ask a member to help us out so we could get to church this sunday.

It is funny that you said that we just need these people to open their doors because the other day we just knocked doors all day. We must have gone from house to house for about 75 houses and not a single one had any interest. It was a long day to say the least. I don´t know if we were in the wrong area, if the spirit was telling me to go somewhere else or what. The work here is slow and it has taken a good amout of patience but it is improving. 

I am enjoying Arganda, the members are awesome and the word is that there might be a branch here soon :)

I loved hearing about your mission dad. At times I like to picture you as a missionary and how you would have worked or how you would have reacted to the situations that I go through here. 

We set a fecha this last week with a guy from Columbia. I hope that we can get him to continue to progress. 
 
I am excited to see what happens here in Arganda during the Christmas season! I am really excited to skype home and see you all. Luckily, the members have had mercy on us and we are going to have a meal with a family on the 24th and 25th :) Yum, one of them is going to make us Turkey! 

Thanks for all your support and prayers! I hope that you have a great week! 

Love Elder JJ

Answers:
What are the drivers like in Spain?
The drivers here I think are crazy.  They do stop on a dime when you even approch a crosswalk though.

What kind of Spanish Christmas celebrations are there?
I am not sure what people do here for Christmas but I know there are lots little festive pastries and such.


Love you!

Elder JJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment