Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, February 17, 2014

#42 11 Months


Ward Mission Leader

Arganda is doing well, sadly I am not there anymore. Both Elder Cordova and I were transferred.  There are now two new elders in the area. We said goodbye to all the ward members that we love and we packed up and left this morning. I am now in my fourth area in Talavera de la Reina which is about an hour and a half southwest of Madrid.  It is close to Toledo. We have a car here! We have a lot of people that we teach that are in little towns so the car will be useful. I am excited to be here. It sounds like the members feed us a lot and it seems like a pretty cool area. I have only seen a little bit of the area but it reminds me of Cuenca when I did intercambios. My comp's name is Elder Stephens, another kid from Idaho. He seems cool. He lived in California and was actually born in San Jose as well! His home now is just right outside of Boise. He has about a year and a half out in the mission so we are both senior companions. Time to get some work done! 
Pavones District
I am doing well. One of the members wanted to test Elder Cordova´s blood and mine.  I had pretty low blood sugar even after eating. I am going to try and eat more sugar than I guess, fine with me. My level was 118 after eating. 

It was sad saying goodbye to all the ward members. I was there for 6 months and I got to know quite a bit of them. There were some members that cried and that made me realize how much of a difference that I was able to make while I was there. It was very touching to see. I have couple places to stay here in Madrid if I ever get to come back. I will really miss all the wonderful people here.

Mom the dream that you had was really cool! I have prayed for you to be blessed with dreams like the ones you have had  a couple times before. I am glad to hear that you are being taken care of and comforted.

Thanks for all the updates on everyone! I am doing great. I am a little quiet around the new Elders I am with, which I have noticed is what usually happens with me. I am not comfortable with them yet but I soon will be.
It is always weird to be in a new area. It is exciting to see new things and meet new people. I will let you know how my first week goes here! 
Love you Mom,
Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment