Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Saturday, April 26, 2014

#47

Hola familia mía,

I am so excited for all of you this week! One for Josh´s mission call and two that you are all going to Washington DC! This is going to be an awesome week for all of you . I have no clue of where Josh will go. I just feel like the whole world is up for grabs right now. I just know that where ever he is sent that it is going to be a calling inspired from a prophet of God. I remember being pretty nervous when I got my call but I feel like I am even more nervous for Josh, I don´t know why. I just remember everything feeling like a dream until about the 2nd or third transfer in the field haha. It is going to be weird man but its awesome. 

Some exciting things that happened this week;
-Jesus and Jorge got confirmed yesterday. Elder Mower and I did the comfirmations.
-I played the piano for sacrament meeting for the first time. I was nervous haha
-We got caught in the middle of a big hail and thunder storm while we were out on the street with short sleaves without umbrellas.
-We had a couple good visits with Fati and Wili (investigators.) They are going to get babtized soon, they just don´t realize it yet :)
-Elder Mower and I have been pretty much doing nothing but contacting for the past 2 weeks so we decided to make things more interesting. We choose who the other person has to contact. For example I had to contact everyone that had a dog with them and Elder Mower had to contact everyone with a stroller. It made the time pass a lot faster and it got us up to contact more. I just am tired of being on the street all day long. I want to teach lessons!! The work has been tough lately but we are making the best out of it. 
-Today we went bowling and wore normal cloths! I really needed a pday like that. 

Right now I am studying in 3 Nephi when Jesus comes to the Americas. From chapters 11-26 are awesome. I love reading about His personal ministry among the Nephites. Reading through these chapters it just makes clear sense and helps me to know how to teach more effectively. I encourage you all to at least read some of the chapters 11-26 while you are traveling to DC. It is almost identical to the sermon on the mount when he was with those in Jeruselem in Matthew 5 but it makes sense because they are His other sheep. The church is true and it is getting more and more true each and every day for me. Remember that your testimony will not grow unless you feed it. A member in the branch here explained the following; ´´there are two wolves in your head, a black one and a white one and they are contantly fighting eachother. If you can only feed one then the one you feed is going to win the fight.´´ Remember to feed the right wolf and always strengthen your testimony. The Lord is always ready to bless us we just have to do our part and He will do His.

Well Family I hope you all the best trip to DC! That is going to be awesome! Josh I am stoked to here where you are going man! Enjoy your trip! 

Love you all,

Elder Miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment