I love reading about your weeks back home! Time has started to feel very strange to me lately. I feel like I have enough time left in the mission field but at the same time I feel like I don´t have enough! I know what is left is going to fly by though. I just hope that I will feel satisfied with the work I have done-mas que todo. I also hope the Lord is satisfied with the work I have tried to do.
Dad & Mom, I would love to show you guys my areas. They are kind of spread out now since I am back up in Galicia. I could for sure show you some cool places though :) Life just feels so normal for me here now. I usually drop by a bakery every week for either for a un barra de pan or some sort of pastery. I take advantage of medio día and the Spaniards definitely do as well. There is usually no one in sight when it is from 2 to around 6 in the evening. They sleep for a little longer than we get to....! There is a festivo here about every week which makes things a lot more complicated. All there are is tourists with backpacking gear that take the road to Santiago when it is festivo. I also love a good bowel of lentejas with pan de galicia, or a nice slice of empanada gallega. I have been picking up a little more on gallego here. It is very similar to Portuguese so it was fun to be comps with Elder Ávila for a transfer and hear all his random Portuguese words that he would throw into his Spanish. My Spanish is good. I wish that I had a comp that was willing to speak it all the time but es lo que hay. Maybe someday I will come back and study in Salamanca to perfect it. I definitely want to minor in Spanish. It really is the celestial language :)
My week went well. We contacted, contacted, contacted. We did manage to find 4 new investigators though! I am really excited for them! We found a kid that is from here and wants to learn how to become a better person and wants to learn more about God, a girl our age from Brasil who is open to listen, and a Romanian couple that a member family hooked us up with. I am so grateful for people that will at least listen to the reason why we are here. So may people assume and just don´t want anything to do with God.. It is tough and makes me sad but I know that their time will come.
Saturday was an interesting day, we got the door slammed in our faces by some Catholic Priest. We were actually looking for an old investigator and he didn´t let us get a word in edge wise. He just said that he didn´t have time or interest and that he was a priest. We were just trying to see if a guy named Marcos was lived there... He told us to get out because we had bad manners.. very christlike I just have to say..haha! Then about 30 minutes later two drunk guys with there shirts off stopped us and tried to get us to come get a beer with them. "vamos al beer!" is what they said. They were pretty persistent because they were literally grabbing us and trying to drag us to a bar-haha. They couldn't really budge us since they were about a foot shorter than us. When we walked away Elder Eskelson said,"wow, so that is what peer presure feels like." I thought that was good!
It is crazy to see how grown up Jonny and Jenna are getting. They look like they are having fun together though :) It is super cool that Jonny has braces now! That was a surprise to me! And now he has a longboard, a pretty sick one at that!
You´re the best Mom with the packages. The Correos is pretty far away from my piso but I will be willing to hike up there to get it. I have been in search of water flavoring packets for a while but I have not had any luck. Don´t let the package weigh too much, those things get expensive to send.
Love you!
Love Elder Jayden Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment