Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, November 17, 2014

Letter #64

November 3, 2014



New Companion Elder Molina and Elder Jayden Miles
November 3, 2014
All is well this week. It has been fun/ challenging getting used to the new companionship. It is getting tiring trying to get to know new companions and figuring out how to work with other people. I am sure that it will be something that I will have to be doing for the rest of my life with work and dating and stuff so I guess I better get used to it.

It has been fun cooking with Elder Molina. That is something that we both enjoy doing together. Today we made a pasta with carabona sauce with bacon and some Pa amb tomaca, which is a thing from Barcelona, bread soaked in tomato and olive oil with a little bit of salt. Pretty good, I really liked it. It has also been fun speaking Spanish all day every day. The fist 2 nights I came home pretty tired from not speaking English haha. Speaking Spanish all the time has helped me realize all the little mistakes I make and how much more I need to work on my pronunciation... Stuff never gets easy around here.

Elder Molina & I have very different styles of teaching and contacting. He is very Boom Bam Bing! Reference, lesson! I work hard but I prefer to build more relationships of trust and teach as we go. He has definitely helped me to step out of my comfort zone a little and be more confident. I do miss Elder Eskelson. We got along really well and both had a lot of fun working here in Santiago. We keep in touch often on the phone. 

It has been raining pretty good here the past couple of days. My feet are soaked right now. I have noticed that I had a big crack in the right shoe of the both pairs that I have so I had to fix them right up with a little super glue. Worked like a charm. 

We have been doing a lot of searching like usual. We were able to find 3 new people and get in touch with some people that have been ignoring our calls. The work is different here than it is in Madrid and Elder Molina found that out quick. His first area was there. We have a small branch, not many people can help us, lots of students on the streets, no latinos, and lots of time to be on the street. 
I am now the oldest in my district... I am not a fan of that. I miss the old district. I got along pretty well with the people that were there that have left. I am getting tired of meeting new missionaries... Hahah it will be fun to see people that I actually know again sometime. 
We have seen some miracles for sure here. It is always amazing to me how quite and soft the voice the spirit has. I have had many occasions where I have a feeling to turn somewhere or stop for a moment or to do something, almost always something that seems very insignificant, where I later realize that I was able to follow the spirit and be where the Lord wanted us to be. I love the little day to day experiences that I have. 

This past Saturday I made about 50 chocolate chip cookies haha. Every fast Sunday the branch stays after church ends and we all eat together and the Elders are in charge of the American cookies :) They were a hit and everyone liked them. 

Well, that is how this past week went. Getting used to a new comp, still in the search for teaching, walking through the rain, and having a blast. 


Love you all and hope that you have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment