Dec. 15, 2014
Hey family,
Had a pretty good week this week here in
Madrid. The work is a lot quicker here. The members are all pumped up to do
missionary work and they feed us just about every day! The metro makes
everything close by and we have some really good progressing investigators. I
miss the little branch up in Santiago but this area is fun too.
My comp. Elder Heslington and I are getting along great. It has
been fun to work with him. He and I are
pretty similar which has been fun. I have been doing the majority of the
talking in lessons and street contacting but he is studying really hard to pick
up on the Spanish.
There is another companionship here in Barrio
4 so that has been fun to be with other Elders more often. They live in another
piso across town but we see them just about everyday when we eat with the
members.
It has been really fun to get to know everyone
here. I feel really confident in my Spanish so I have been able to get to know
people a lot quicker. The majority of the members here are Latinos. They are
all super nice and love the Elders. I have been trying really hard to make a
good impression on the members so that we can work together well.
This week we made a ton of calls to meet with
people. We have an investigator named Hector who has a baptismal date this
month on the 20th. We hope that we are able to get him ready for it. We also
met with a new investigator named Leonardo who has a ton of potencial!
Lately I have heard a lot from all the other
Elders that I know that are here in Madrid. Elder Williams, Eskelson, Harrop,
Weixler, Avila. It has been fun to be close to them all of them.
Today we had to drop by a skate shop that is
right next to our piso. I talked to the guy that owns it and asked him where
some cool spots were and how skating is in Spain. He says that there are a lot
of people that go to Barcelona to skate! It was fun to be able to be back in my
old element.
Well skyping next week! We will be on around
4-5pm this time which will be around 7 or 8 your time! Cant wait to see you guys
again!!
Hope that you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Jayden Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment