Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Letter #70

January 12, 2015

Hello family! 

Well I am just going to jump into what happened this week. I am tired again! 

This week went well. We were able to see a lot of people that we have not been able to see in a little while. We found some new people to teach which I am excited for that. Elder Heslington and I are doing great. Something that I like about our companionship is that we are constantly trying to improve our efforts. Sometimes it is easy to slow down and complain when things don´t go as planned but we just keep on keeping on. 

Something cool that I saw this week. We are teaching a family that has been having troubles with alcohol. We had a lesson on the word of wisdom and the Dad, who is the one who drinks.  He understands that he needs to stop but the lesson was crazy. He was arguing with his wife and blaming everything on her. It was sad to see and I tried to show compassion to his wife so she understood that we were on her side getting him to quit. We had a lesson with them 2 days earlier and it was completely different. The spirit was really strong and everyone was chill and it was just amazing. I know that the gospel blesses families. We are working with them for baptism and most of all getting a testimony of the Book of Mormon. There was just such a big difference between the two lessons and it was a miracle for me to see. 

One of our investigators decided to come to church yesterday! He had to decide whether he was going to help out with work or come to church and he decided to come to church. It was awesome to see him there. I feel like we saw progression this week.

One of the kids in our ward got his mission call and he wanted to open it up with just his family and us 4 Elders there. He is awesome and has been waiting for this call since I got here. He helps us out with visits and stuff and we are good friends. It was cool to see that excitement. He is going the Spain Malaga Mission and leaves in April. He announced this call to all of his other friends later that day just how I did mine. 

We went to Toledo today. That is a cool city. I have been there a lot now but I am excited to show Mom and Dad. 

Jenna: Congrats on the patriarchal blessing and on the service trip! That so cool that you are going to Cambodia. When are you leaving and for how long? 

Josh: Keep on working hard man. It seems like you are enjoying the mission life. 

Jonny: Hope school and stuff is going well. sent me a pic of you hitting up a box on your skiis :) 

Mom and Dad: I love you guys! The coolest Parents that I could ever ask for! 

Pday goes by too fast sometimes haha.. Well back to the old grind.

Love you all!   Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment