Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Letter #72

Feb. 9th, 2015

Hey family!

Another week has flown by! Mom you´re right, its a bloomin speed clock!! haha I am trying my best to stay focused and work had all the way up until the end. That was a goal of mine ever since I got on the plane to come out here. 
It sounds like everyone had a great week this week. A good ole Root Beer Float sounds really good right now even if it is pretty chilly out. We saw snow this week! None of it stuck and it was not very much but it was fun to see. I laughed hearing about Jonny shooting an AK47 and a hunting rifle, only in America, or is that just a Utah thing? That would be pretty absurd to hear about in Europe haha. AMERICA! 

Thank you all for your awesome weekly updates :) 2 more email sessions left, that freaks me out a little bit. No me lo puedo creer... 

This week went pretty well. Elder Heslington and I sure do get along well. It seems like we cant get through a planning session without laughing about something stupid that happened during the day. We tried to make some Arroz con Leche last night. I am not sure what we ate but it was not Arroz con Leche.. haha 

This week my faith and religion was tested. Not in a spiritual way with some sort of trial and lesson that lays behind it, but in a very literal way. We had 2 lessons this week of which the people we taught were very confused and misinformed about the church. I was questioned if I wasn´t sure if I was the one in Apostasy. They brought up things that cannot be proven without faith and experience, such as the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith being false and based off other practices. They were very interesting visits and I tried my best to keep the spirit of Contention down. At some points I felt as if we were just men arguing but I had to bring it back to the testimony that I treasure. If I have learned anything from those experiences it is that I know with even more assuredly that the church is true and that it is lead by a Prophet of God. There is opposition in all things and we need to have a strong testimony to defend the truth. I love the Gospel!

Carmela is doing fine. We helped her out with a doubt about the 10 commandments. She is awesome because she is always so grateful for our visits. 

Hector is doing well too. We invited him to be baptized again but he still does not feel ready. He will be baptized but it is just a question of when and when he does he is going to make an awesome member! 

Had another cool experience is following the spirit this week. I read a scripture to a man on the street that was burdened down with sin and guilt. When I read the verse I looked up and his eyes were teary. The spirit works in amazing ways! 

Love you guys and I hope that you have a great week! 

Love Elder Jayden Miles


No comments:

Post a Comment