Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, September 16, 2013

Letter #25




I was so glad to hear from everybody this week! I hope that the second week of school all went well. 

Josh I am also glad to hear that you are studying your scriptures and Preach my Gospel. I am so grateful for the time that I had to prepare for the mission. Also great job on becoming the president of LD,in debate. I am excited to hear all about that. You should also go to Homecoming ;)

Jenna, sounds like you had a good week with friends and eating at the Lion House with mom. Fancy Shmancy. Thanks so much for your email :)

Jonny, It was crazy to hear that there are 20 deacons in the ward! I hope that you feel like you at least get to serve a couple times a month. Score with the new bull whip and tie!  cha ching! That is also super cool that you got the new Book of Mormon. I havent seen it yet. Thanks for your questions that you asked me as well.

Sorry to hear that Grandma Anderson fell... I am glad that Dad and Jerry were able to exercize some Priesthood power. I was able to annoint oil for the blessing of the sick and afflicted this past week for an Elder. 

I bet you guys are glad that the weather is finally starting to lower. It has been pretty hot and dry here in Madrid. I actually have to use my chapstick...since I don't live near the ocean air in the north anymore.  I have been dried out living in the city. :( It hasn´t been terribly hot but bastante. 

My buddy, Juan Carlos
Madrid has been cool so far. We ride the bus, metro and train. We also do a lot of walking. We don´t get bikes or cars. When I traveled down to Madrid on the train we took a different route so we didn´t pass by where the recent train accident was. I wasn't nervous, tranquilo. 

The work this past week was still pretty slow. Elder Anderson and I did a lot of contacting in the streets. The people here are more open to listen to what we have to say but we still don´t get a ton of references. It is easy to lose excitement when we are in the street for 5 hours at a time just trying to talk to people. I am suprisingly still sane though, so that is good right?  I was able to meet a less active member and one of our investigators this week and they were both super awesome! I am excited to go and visit them again this next week! 

Elder Ian Anderson is from Centerville Utah. He is a hard working and an obedient Elder. We are both farely fresh so it has been interesting trying to figure some things out. We live with two other Elders in a piso. This piso is a lot bigger than the one that I was at in A Coruña. 


I miss the north but I am excited to work here in Madrid, The Ward seems awesome and there are so many people here to talk to and teach here. A Coruña had like 200 thousand and Madrid has like 6 million, quite the leap in population!
Antonio and his dogs

Before I left A Coruna I had a cool experience I hadn't told you yet.  There was a guy in the streets who stopped us and told us he had a bunch of ties he wanted to give us.  He inherited them from his new piso that he just moved into. He said he admired the work we did and he knows that we wear ties everyday.  He bought us a water at the bar and we were able to tell him about the work we did as missionaries. He gave us his address and told us to meet him the next day. We went to his piso and it was in a really nice area and next to a beautiful beach.  He was a super nice guy. We asked if we could share a message with him and unfortunately he declined and said he was too busy.  He gave my companion and I 15 cool old Spanish ties apiece.  We were pretty excited.  It would have been better if he would have had more time.  Maybe he will let us share a message next time?

I havent written a letter yet, sorry I know that I said that I was going to.. I will try by best this week.. 

I am doing great! Healthy, happy, working hard. I love you all so much and I hope that you all have an awesome week!! 

Love Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment