Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, October 14, 2013

Letter #29


I Love my Mission!


I can´t believe that it is already transfer 5 in the mission field! There were some changes in my district. A couple of the Hermanas were transfered which was a little sad. My companion is the same, Elder Anderson!! I am glad that we have another transfer together. There was also a little change in the leadership. You are reading a letter from the new District Leader of Barrio 8. I am actually very excited! The old district leader is now a zone leader and he only has one transfer left on his mission. He lives in my piso so I will be able to have any questions answered easily. I get to do baptismal interviews, organize district meetings every week, and get all the numbers from the missionaries to the Zone Leaders. I know that it is a lot of resposibility but I am happy for this new opportunity to serve those in my district! 

Me & my companion, Elder Anderson
Elder Anderson and I saw a miracle this week. Our investigator Miguel, the one who plays flamanco guitar, had been off of our radar for the past month.  We sadly thought  we had lost him. He felt the spirit and liked the lessons and everything but he disappeared. But this past Tuesday we ran into him in the middle of the street and we were able ask what happened! We talked about all his current worries which was about all the wickedness in the world and all the catastrophes but we helped him to understand that everything will be okay. He told us that he read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it was true just like we asked him to.  He said that he felt a voice in his heart tell him that it was true! We are now meeting with him regulary again :) We are so happy to be teaching him again!

I was able to go through the temple the other week. It was amazing. I could feel the spirit so strongly. I get to go every transfer as long as I am in Madrid. 

It is finally fall here in Mardid. The colors are changing and the leaves are falling. I am able to wear my sweater that I bought in A Corña. There were some missionary dress code changes which are a little more lenient and casual which I am happy about. My suits should be lasting a lot longer now since I don't have to wear them everyday.

I am keeping a balanced healthy diet. My "cook book" consists of; Rice, Pasta, Chicken Breast, Green beans, potatoes and eggs. Pretty basic stuff... but I am learning. I also make sure to get in my fruits and vegetables. I usually try to keep my grocery shopping under 20 Euros a week but sometimes I splurg a little bit and get a nice treat ;) I have to carry all my groceries home so it helps to keep the amount of food that I buy down. I am full every meal though. I think I may have gained a few pounds, I am not sure. I have also heard that I may have gotten a little taller. Eat your green beans kids!

My piso is a lot bigger than the little one that I had in A Coruña. We have two showers and two fridges which is a total luxury. We don´t have as cool of a view as I did in A Coruña but Madrid gets some pretty beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I think Spain celebrates something like Halloween I am not completely sure though. Nevertheless, we are having a Halloween party with the Ward... created by the missionaries!

I hope that you all take care and have a great week! 

Love you all!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment