The weeks are still flying by and they continue to speed up! I
feel like it hasn't even been a few days since I was sitting in the same locotorio
writing emails. Seven months have already gone by and I can´t even believe
it!
I had a good week this week. I had my first district meeting and it went smooth and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I am learning a lot more about serving others with this new responsibility. I am working hard to be a good example and to have an area that others can look up to. I can feel the respossibility as DL. I pray for my district and I try my best to organize distcrict meetings the most inspired way that I can. I talked with the Zone Leader this morning and told him about everyone's baptismal dates and how their areas are doing. I have a lot to learn since I am still brand new but I am excited to learn.
Several people were unable to meet with us this past week which was tough but we were able to contact them and encourage them. This week is going to be much better! I have been fasting since yesterday and I have had a couple things made clear to me that will help me during this week. We have an investigator who was going to be baptized this past Satuday but it didn´t end up happening. He'll be ready soon! He is an awesome guy and he likes to give us lots of food whether he cooks it himself or he buys us Burger King Whoppers or pizza! Can´t get any better than that:)
To answer your question about the food. Every week we buy our
own groceries and we make our own meals. Elder Anderson is a good cook so I am
lucky if he makes me a little something. This week he made some delicious
Guacamole and we enjoyed that with some doritos chips! I have become a really big fan of Guacamole since the mission!
A few of us missionaries are organizing a big ward Halloween Party for
the 1st of November. We are hoping to have a good turn out. We are hoping that people will bring their friends and we will be
able to meet them and eventually teach them. It should help the ward grow
closer together as well which is always good.
The Spanish is going well. I need to speak it more with my
companion because I am forgetting things since being with Elder Barragán. One
of our investigators did tell me that I sound like I have been here for years, accent and all :) That was a serious boost of confidence! I am able to
communicate with people on the streets and they can understand me! I still feel
like I have a lot to study and learn. I can´t wait until it feels natural! That
501 verbs book did actually help a lot and I wish that I brought it with
me!
It is funny that you mentioned the missionaries that used to come and visit our family. Elder Shumway knew Elder Spencer and Elder Summers, the
ones that would always come over! While Elder Shumway was waiting for his visa he served in our neck of the
woods for a transfer or 2. I think of Elder Spencer and Summers every time I go visit members. They were really good examples to me.
Congrats dad on becoming a High Priest. The big Sumo Sacerdote! Que guay es eso! My piso companion says
that all the high priests tend to not match suit jackets with their pants. Black suit coat with gray
pants etc, you´ll learn the ways I guess... haha. That is exciting though! Mucho
Felicidades¡
Thanks for the pictures from bear lake. You guys are seriously a cool family, I am so grateful for you guys and that I am able to be apart of your crazy crew :) Bear Lake sounded fun and delicious! I wish that I could have gone with you guys and enjoyed all those raspberries. I loved the last time that we went to Bear Lake and how we brought our bikes and rode around town and by the lake. I would definitly love to do that all over again.
I am replenished to work another good hard week! I will return and report next week. Thanks so much for you love and your support!
LOVE,
Elder Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment