Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter #31



Thanks for your words of support and love. I always look forward to getting emails. 

Elder Anderson & Elder Miles - companions
I had a pretty good week. I had an exchange with one of the zone leaders this week and I really learned a lot. I got to know a little more about their companionship and how the work is going in their area. He came to my area since I am his District Leader. I am going to do another exchage this week with the other zone leader who is not in my area. I was able to observe and learn more from his great example. It is hard being the Señor Companion all the time because I can´t always rely as much on my Jr. Companion. Elder Anderson is an awesome companion and really hard working, don´t get me wrong, it was just nice to learn again by example from someone that only has 3 weeks left in his mission. 

I have been trying to think of ways that I can show my love to my district and how to encourage them to work even harder then they are. I have been kind of stumped on what District Meetings should consist but I have just been praying and waiting for an answer. 

I had some good lessons this past week that were pretty powerful and spiritual. Sometimes I feel like just standing up and commanding people to do things because either they are stuborn or I just feel like I am full enough with the spirit that they would do it. I will let you know how that goes if I ever follow through on that. :)

That is exciting to hear that Jonny is going to the new Draper Jr, High! I am sure that that school is absolutly amazing. I am excited to hear all about his wrestling and how he is enjoying the public school life :) No more uniforms... dun dun dun! How much longer do you plan on working at APA then since there is nobody going there anymore. I am sure that they would miss you dearly since you have done so much for that school. Proud of you MOM

Well another week has flown by and I am getting prepared for another week. I am basically the only Elder in my piso that has any money left to buy food. The other 3 are going to be living on rice and sandwiches.. I don´t understand how they run out of money. I always end the month with extra money that just adds on the the next month. I know how to manage my money I guess.
A delicious Spanish pastry
What is something that has changed in you Elder Miles?
The biggest change that I have seen so far is the fact of humility. I have learned to think of others before my needs. At home I just did what ever the heck I wanted to but now I am dedicating all my time to other people. It has been a long process and not a very fun one at times but it has been worth it. 

What is something that you have learned? 
I have learned that I really do have a good singing voice. I thought that most people just had a decent singing voice but that is not the case with the majority of Elders that I have met... haha

Do you remember what your family looks like?
Of couse I remember what you all look like. Pictures definitely help :)

Do you miss our pets?
I have missed our pets. Everyone has a dog here and it is definitly more fun to come home to a big mutt that is happy to see you. Madrid is pretty dirty with the amount of dog poop and pee all over the place though...

What American meal would you have right now?
If I could eat any American meal right now at this moment it would probably be a big nice slice of pizza. Fold it in half and down a whole box! The pizza is not the same here. Hardly any sauce and the toppings are kind of strange like bacon and tuna..

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week! 

Love Elder Miles

P.S. I made the no-bake oatmeal cookies for a Family Home Evening with a non-member family and they turned out great! They enjoyed them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment