MONDAY: All the missionaries in Madrid sang a big Christmas concert for everyone here. There was about 150 missionaries and there was a nice program and refreshments and everything. It took place at the church and it was filled all the way to the back of the overflow! It was a great experience. We learned some fun songs in Spanish, such as Los Peces en el Río.
TUESDAY: My whole district came out to Arganda del Rey (my area) and we contacted todo el mundo! We were all there for a good hour and a half and it went really well. It was cool to have so many missionaries in one little area. Afterwards we all went to eat pizza at a little pizza place.
WEDNESDAY: I got to go to the Temple in the morning which went great. I love being able to go there on my mission. I feel so close to our Hevenly Father there. I also had a zone meeting and then later I went to Cuenca to do intercambios (exchanges) I was with an Elder that is from a small town outside of Rome Italy! It was so cool to be able to get know him and his culture a little bit. It is amazing how we can both speak Spanish together even though I speak English and he speaks Italian.
THURSDAY: We had a miracle baptism! A girl named Ana that has been going to church for the past 3 years with her boyfriend and their family decided to get baptized this past week. We did all we could to teach her all the lessons so she coud get baptized. Right after I came back from Cuenca I went to the church and filled up the font and she was baptized Thursday night. It was so amazing :)
FRIDAY: One of our member families that we visit gave birth this week and we went over to see how she was doing. We went over and she had dinner prepared for us! Just 3 days after having a baby and she was up and adam cooking us food! They are an awesome family.
SATURDAY: I did an intercambio with an elder from Finland. We get along very well, his name is Elder Helske!
SUNDAY: Ana was confirmed and I was able to stand in the confirmation circle! That was an awesome experience as well. Ana is from Romania and super nice. She is only 19.
MONDAY: I did a district meeting and it went really well. I gave a blessing to an Hermana that needed comfort. It was the most spiritual blessing that I have ever given. It felt so inspired and by the end of it, all of us were in tears... my companion, her who I gave the blessing, her companion and me. Right after that I did a baptismal interview of a man that is going to be baptized this evening! He is a Spaniard named Jose and he is an invetigator of the other elders in my district.
TUESDAY: All the missionaries had a dinner at a families house. We all ate a delicious Peruvian meal. Later that night we had a devotional for missionaries only. President spoke to us and everyone got their packages. I'm sure I'll get mine soon.
Wednesday: Merry Christmas!
That was a very busy week full of fun, stress, excitement, the spirit. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas.
Love you all.
Elder Miles
Love you all.
Elder Miles
No comments:
Post a Comment