Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Letter #40


It was so good to see you on Christmas with skype! I am  still on that high. I am so glad that you were all able to have such a good time together in California with the Truemans. It reminded me of the good old times and I can´t wait to head back over to those neck of the woods sometime. It is really cool that everything seemed to just work out when you decided to take off for a weekend. It just goes to show that Heavenly Father is mindful of your desires, He provided. 

Here goes my week.

Monday: I went to Toledo and had an awesome time there just seeing the sights and stealing away a little bit away from my area. Later when I got home Elder Cordova and I had two really good lessons right in a row. We had a member with us for both of them which was super good.

Tuesday: Someone called us the night before and told us that someone gave us a package and it was waiting in the church. It wasn´t our packages from home and no I have not gotten it yet, but we went and grabbed it Tuesday morning and it was full of Spanish sweets :) Somebody, we don´t know who, really spoiled us with chocolates and chorizo, and other Spanish dulces :) We felt like kings! Later that day we somehow had 3 meals to go to with member! The first meal was with a Spanish Family, the first counselor, the second was with a less active member from Peru, and the last meal was with our Argentinian family. I was filled to the brim with food. After having a rough and trying December we were blessed so much that we could literally not receive anymore. We had to take the last meal home with us so we could eat it later :) 

Wednesday: My last district meeting as district leader... It went well and afterwards we all went out to eat together as a district :) 

Thursday: I did another Baptismal interview for Hermana Palomino and Gauna. His name is Jorge and is from Peru and he was very prepared. It was so cool to interview him because every question I asked him he basically answered with his testimony. I love giving interviews because it shows the end result of somebody that is ready to get baptized. 
Friday: We had a busy morning planned and we had a member with us to go to a bunch of lessons but all of our plans fell through... It was kind of disappointing but it went by quick. That evening Jorge was baptized. It went really well and he was so excited! 
Saturday: We left the piso that morning without our umbrellas, first mistake. We ran over to see a less active member and then we went over to the other side of town to knock some doors because it was getting cold and we wanted to get out of the ugly weather. Pretty soon it starting raining really hard. We decided to call an investigator. (A guy who invited us to his church but we ended up not being able to go) Luckily he let us come over! We ran over as quick as we could in the now pouring rain and by the time we got over there we were soaked! It was fun though and I had a smile on my face. The lesson we had was intense because we were using a lot of scriptures to help him understand the Book of Mormon but he was very close minded.  We decided that he is not ready to take the lessons. It seems bad to do but he will be ready in a later time in his life with different missionaries. 
That night was also transfer calls!!! I am staying here in Arganda with Elder Cordova but now I am not District Leader... I am happy that I am staying the same this trasfer :) I am kind of sad that I am no longer DL though. It was fun but at the same time I have a bit weight taken off my shoulders.

Sunday: Church went really well. Jorge was confirmed. I feel so comfortable in the 8th ward here. I am friends with members and it is fun to say hi to familiar faces. Later that night we had a family home evening with our awesome Peruvian member family. We taught a lesson and had dessert and played pictionary. 

All in all it was a fun week. Happy new year! Love you so much mom and I hope that you have great week. 

Love, elder Miles




No comments:

Post a Comment