Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

#44 March 10, 2014


It has been a pretty eventful week. We got some good news and some bad news. Elder Stephens and I set 3 baptismal dates for the  coming weeks! We have some pretty awesome investigators here. They come to church and we get along with them like friends. They even do their reading assignments and everything! I have not taught progressing investigators in a while. We did a lot of service again this week. We cleaned up the front yard of the Cucheli´s and painted their walkway. It is a night and day difference of the change with their yard. We basically used cave man tools to cut down the weeds but we had a hard days work which I enjoyed. We also painted the inside of our investigators house. The paint we used litterally consisted of this paint paste, glue, water, and milk. I was preparing to clean up a big mess in the next couple days from rotten milk but it actually turned out really nice. Painting the walls reminded me of the days of working in the basement. I hope there is still work there to do when I get home! If not I would be excited to work on the Dad´s Car. My companion worked on cars before his mission and he has peaked my interest with that :)
Bad news is that President Jackson has decided to take away the car. We visit a lot of people out in little pueblos 30  minutes away and taking the car away is not the smartest idea. I am going to respect his decision on that. We have it until wednesday. I don´t know why but the president of the area in Europe want to take out all the cars in Europe. We use the car everyday. This means no more gym, no more cool pdays.  We are going to have to take the bus out to the pueblos that have service, Membrillo where our recent converts live does not have a  bus that goes there. Elder Stephens and I are going to take a trail to their house. We are going to pack lunch and bring our music and pass through the Spanish hill to visit this family! I am excited to do that. 
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well at home!  I am so happy to hear that Josh is getting excited to go on his mission, Jenna is  doing so great in the church and having fun, Jonny is skating and using a typewritter. Keep on doing so awesome! Stay strong with your testimonies and stand strong in what you believe in the gospel. The church is true. I have see my testimony growing everyday that I am out here. I have been finishing up in Alma and I am getting excited to get into Heleman. The Book of Mormon is true and it brings more knowledge and understanding to all things in this life. Trust in God and his will. Sorry if this testimony was hard to read in English, it was weird not to say it in Spanish. jaja
I hope that you all have an awesome week! Sorry I was not able to write each of you  a personal letter. For my birthday I have no idea what I would want.. Sorry, I will think about it lol. 
Love you all so much!    
Elder Miles                       

No comments:

Post a Comment