Email: jayden.miles@myldsmail.net

Madrid, Spain

Elder Jayden Miles

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

#45 March 17th & 24th


Spanish Sunset
March 17th, 2014
This week went pretty well. 
The work now is basically the same as the rest of my areas that I have had. Lots of contacting in the streets and the city lifestyle. We had to walk to our favorite grocery store and carry our groceries back to the piso. Sad life I know. I don´t really feel like the area has changed that much. I don´t really miss the car. Even though it is really convenient, it hasn´t hit too hard. My comp would tell you otherwise. 
District meeting this week went well. The president, his wife, and both zone leaders came so that they could check up on our district and take back the car. It is a pretty usual thing to happen in Madrid but it is a lot more rare to President to come out to Catilla la mancha. I gave a talk about "Talking to everyone". I was a little nervous to speak in front of president but it turned out well. I came out of that meeting empowered and ready to get back to work. I know the Lord is preparing people here in Talavera and not having the car may be a way to find them. 
I did intercambio in Toledo for 2 days. I had fun getting lost in the little spanish streets up in the old town of toledo. That city is amazing. If I were to show you cool spots in Spain on of them would definitely be Toledo.
I came back from Toledo Sunday morning just in time for sacrament meeting. (The branch here does the meetings backwards, sacrament last.) Elder Stephens and I had a baptism! Two little Spanish boys that live in a tiny pueblo of Mebrillo. That is the pueblo that there is no bus to. My comp and the DL walked there to do the interveiw which took about 4 hours. I am going to take that same stroll sometime this week. The kids that got baptized are my buddies! Little Jorge and Jesus, 9 years old.  
Jorge and Jesus Baptismal Day
The work here is going great. It would probably be really slow compaired to other missions but es lo que hay. I love the work. I have learned so much this past year. I can´t even believe that I am already at a year. I  am excited to see what the next year brings. I remember this time last year I was getting ready to hit the airport and leave. It is going to be weird to me to think of what I was doing a year ago and think of memories of the mission.
Well I hope you all have an amazing week!
Love you 
Elder Miles


March 24th, 2014
This week went by pretty fast and this week is the last one of the transfer. The main things that happened were on Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. 
Tuesday: Elder Stephens and I got a ride out to Membrillo where the two kids live who got babtized and taught a quick lesson to their family. Then afterwards we walked back on a dirt trail which took about 4 hours. I don´t know if our calculations were quite right but we think we walked 17 miles back to Talavera. It was a long walk but it was nice to see some beautiful scenery. Last week there was a bull running around where we were walking but we didn´t see it this week because they killed it. I took some fun videos and pictures while we were out there. It was a pretty big waste of time but it was fun for a one time thing. 
Spanish Kebab
Thursday and Friday we helped out with a move. There is a member that lives in Talavera, the only member that lives here, that needed help moving. We expected it to last a couple hours at most but it ended up lasting 2 whole days. We were moving stuff from the 10th floor but luckly there was an elevator. He is refurnishing his whole piso so we took everything out from tiolets to kitchen counters and we gave a lot of stuff to some members in need. It was a good long time of hard work! The next day I was completely exhausted and my comp had a really bad migrain so we stayed home for the morning. It was bad. 
The work has been alright. It has been hard to find new people to teach. We don´t have a lot of lessons here. We are working on it though! 
Something fun that we did was we took out all of our bed and put them all together on the ground in the main room of our piso. We have to have some sort of change or fun.  I have been doing better with cooking. I am pretty good at cooking fried chicken now :)   
It is weird that I am going be 20 this week. I don´t really feel like I am going to be. I don´t think anything special is going to happen, probably just a normal day in the mission.
Well I hope that everyone is doing great! I am working hard and having fun. The church is true and I am so grateful to be here on my mission! I feel kind of like I am going to be here for the rest of my life. I don´t know if that is a good or bad thing haha.
Love you all
Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment