Thanks for all of your support and love, it really helps a ton out here. I went to the post office and picked up your package today! As soon as I got back to the piso I tried on the new shirt and made some strawberry lemonade! The shirt fits perfect and the lemonade and sour patch kids hit the spot! Everything from the states has so much flavor. I could hardly handle how sour & sweet the sour patch kids were! Thank you!
![]() |
| Elder Eskelson & Elder Miles |
This week I found myself thinking a lot about of how I am so grateful to have the Gospel. There are so many people in this world who, I think, do not take the time to contemplate the concept of God. AND they do not clearly know what or who to believe in. Even though I am here in Santiago with it being the 2nd most Catholic place in the world, I have still met probably more Atheists than Catholics. It is sad to see. People these days, at least here, just don´t see the reason why it is so important to believe in God. I know exactly who I believe in, I know that God has a body of flesh and bones. I know that Jesus Christ is my redeemer and that if I live the Gospel and simply try my best in this life then I will receive eternal life. Some do not want anything to do with God or with religion. If only they knew the importance of finding out another perspective, that of learning what Christ's church has to offer. I am so grateful for even the small moments to be able to talk to someone on the street that has more than 15 seconds to hear what we have to say. I am grateful for open minded people that are willing to learn from others.
Well those were kind of my thoughts for this week.
We did a lot of contacting this week. Managed to teach 10 lessons. We met with Pamela, which was awesome! She is really cool and has a cool brother and sister in law that we want to get to teach as well. It has been fun talking with her because she mixes Portuguese and Spanish together and it reminds me of when Elder Ávila spoke Spanish. I can usually follow her when she speaks.
We had a good fast Sunday. The branch here likes to all eat together after the meetings. So, everyone brings a little pot luck and we all eat together. It was fun and pretty tasty.
We met a member girl from England that is here studying Spanish. She is going to help us with a lesson with Pamela hopefully. We spoke a lot of English with her while she was there at the church. I kind of felt bad to exclude the branch a little bit but it was fun to hear her British accent. It is fun to meet people from all over the world! I told her that I have been to London and have enjoyed a good plate of fish and chips and some mushy peas, haha. She is from London by the way.
![]() |
| Where is Jonny & his fishing pole! |
Well this is week 6 of 6 in this transfer. We will see what happens to my comp. He has been up here for 3 transfers already so we will see if he goes back down. I have been loving this area. Even though it has been really tough and exhausting, it has been very gratifying to see the little progression that we have been able to be apart of.
LOVE, Elder Jayden





No comments:
Post a Comment