I am glad to hear that the family is doing well! Dad I hope that you have an awesome day tomorrow! Happy Birthday!!
School and stuff has all started up here and it is pretty much a university city so we meet a lot of kids our age and not too much older.
This week we did a lot of contacting but we got a lot more ´No´s than usual. We pressed on and kept trying to work as hard as we could. We had our patience tried a little bit after so many dumb comments and rejections.
Pero es lo que hay!
I had a fun week though. We helped a family move. They didn't live far from their new house but we sure moved a lot of furniture and if we were not there to help it would have taken a lot longer. They are one of my favorite family´s that I have met in the mission. They are from here, from Galicia. They are the main family from the branch. We eat lunch with them every Sunday up at their parents house with the wife's brother. It is always really good food. Even though they did let us try some pig testicle without letting us know what it was before we tried it haha... tasted like bacon so no worries...
We were able to meet with our investigator, the girl from Brasil. We had a really good lesson with her and brought a member girl that is from England that speaks Portuguese. We watched the restoration movie and invited her to be baptized. She said she would once she found out the truth for herself. I had a nice experience, it was the first time in my life I received the prompting to give blessing. Normally someone asks me to do so but she was going through a really hard time with depression. While she was explaining to the member in Portuguese what was going on, I turned to Elder Eskelson and told him that I thought we should give her a blessing and he confirmed to me that the spirit was talking because he had the same idea. It was a cool experience. I didn´t give the blessing but the spirit was strong and she said that she felt a difference.
Yesterday was awesome. Our investigator's brother owns a Japanese restaurante and he invited us over to try some sushi! I have never tried sushi before but we were down to try it out. We expected to get maybe a couple pieces or so but he hooked us up with a whole meal. There were probably 12 pieces for each of us with egg rolls and pot stickers and everything. All of it was super delicious and it was free so even cooler. We have been making them cookies and brownies to make up for it haha. They are a super cool family. Never thought I would say that I would have eaten at a Japanese restaurante in Spain owned by a Brasilian. haha
Today I dragged my comp to a guitar store and a CD shop to just kind of look around for p-day. It was fun to be back in my grove looking at guitars and checking out cds. The guy at the guitar store game me a free guitar pick.
Well, I hope you all have an awesome week and have fun. I am excited Dad and Mom to see if you guys will able to come pick me up here! Grandpa Miles tells me that Mom is counting the days down! Don´t worry about distracting me or anything. I am in the game right now.
Love you all lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment